Hygiene, from the day after surgery to complete recovery
- Brush and floss daily to maintain good oral health.
- Go gently to the treated area within the first 72 hours after the procedure
- If you are inconvenienced by pain, you can use a Tylenol, Advil, Motrin type pain reliever.
- You can also take the medications you have been prescribed.
Some discomfort may occur after a cosmetic reconstruction of the smile. These usually subside within a week.
- Difficulty of pronunciation
- Limitation to the opening of the mouth
- Increased saliva production
- Appearance of bruises
The feeling of not being able to clench your teeth is quite normal since the brain has to get used to, for example, a new thickness or a new positioning of the teeth. This sensation will resolve after a few days or weeks.
Maintaining the results
- Remember that smoking, colored foods, red wine, tea and coffee can stain teeth
- Avoid hard foods (nuts, candy)
- When playing a sport, wear a mouth guard.
If you have a worry, or if you notice a sharp pain or discomfort that does not subside, do not hesitate to call us.